Stir fry is so easy, healthy and delicious! It’s also not bad on the grocery budget. I really enjoy cooking my own versions of various cuisines, and I finally got an Asian themed dish to turn out exactly how I wanted it.
This reminds me of a spicy egg roll with out the deep fried shell. So this is definitely a healthy option for your weekly menu. This can be served with brown rice for a healthy whole grain, but is delicious with out rice, if you’re trying to avoid grain on a keto or paleo way of eating. The fried egg on top tied it all together, with the yolk mixing into all the other vibrant flavors combined in this dish.
Spice Cabbage Stir Fry
Asian inspired flavors shine in this crowd pleasing dish
- 2 large chicken breast, cut in small pieces. (you can also sub ground turkey or pork)
- 1 small green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 4 Eggs for topping
- 1/2 cup sriracha sauce
- 2 T Sesame oil
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, or Bragg’s coconut aminos for a soy free option
- 1 T powdered Ginger or fresh ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 T crushed red pepper
- Cook chicken in coconut oil.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and add sesame oil, cabbage, onion, and garlic.
- Continue cooking until cabbage begins to soften, then add spices, soy sauce, and sriracha.
- Add frozen peas and cooked chicken.
- Continue stirring until peas are thawed.
- Fry eggs for topping in a separate pan.
- Top with green onion.
- Serve with brown rice, or no rice/cauliflower rice for a lower carb option.