This recipe is geared towards the vegan way of eating, however is a great choice no matter what style of eating you follow. The vegan way of eating can contain a lot of carb heavy grains and legumes, so I wanted to show a low carb option that is very nutrient dense. Chia seeds are a nutrient powerhouse for any way of eating. They are a great source of heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids, a complete protein, and are very fiber rich.
I used Garden Of Life brand vegan vanilla chai protein powder, to add an extra boost of protein, and a delicious flavor. I love eating foods that combine protein, fat and fiber to feel fuller longer, and this recipe definitely combines those nutrients perfectly. I consider this a dessert, however it would make for a great breakfast or snack, as well!
Vanilla & Spice Chia Pudding
A plant based dessert, packed with protein, fiber and healthy fat
- 1 cup Silk Protein Cashew and Almond Milk
- 2 cups SoDelicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 can lite coconut milk (water drained)
- 2 T Adam’s Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Vegan Vanilla Chai Protein
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 packet Stevia powder
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients except for the chia seeds in a blender until well combined.
- Portion into 5 small jars or glasses, and distribute chia seeds to each. Stir in the chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, allowing the chia seeds to gel. Be sure to stir each pudding periodically in the first hour to help the chia seeds gel evenly.
- Serve cold.