Curry is very adaptable to any lifestyle. “Miracle Noodles” are a low carb noodle, featured in this recipe. This could be made with tofu or chickpeas for a vegan lifestyle, and would also be great served over zoodles or cauliflower rice to pack in more veggies. If you’re more traditional in your eating, you could always serve this over brown rice for a healthy whole grain.
Coconut Curry Chicken
A versatile dish adaptable to many ways of eating
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 2 T curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 packages of spinach Miracle noodles, or one spiralized zucchini
- 2 T Coconut oil
- 2 cans of lite coconut milk, water drained
- 2 fresno chilis sliced for garnish
- 1 green onion sliced for garnish
- 4 T roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- A few cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat oven to 375.
- Combine all spices and sprinkle a little on the chicken thighs, reserving most of the spice for the sauce.
- Cook chicken thighs about 17 minutes or until internal temp is 165.
- While the chicken cooks, heat coconut milk in a saute pan with coconut oil.
- Add remaining spices to coconut milk and allow to simmer.
- Follow package instructions for the Miracle Noodles, or lightly saute the zucchini.
- When the chicken is cooked, cut into small pieces and stir into the sauce.
- Serve the curry over the noodles and garnish with fresno chili, cilantro, green onion, and pumpkin seeds.