Summertime in Michigan is one of my favorite joys in life, from living the lake life to eating ample amounts of fresh, locally grown produce. This region grows blueberries, peaches, asparagus, raspberries, apples, and the most delicious cherries! I just had to feature some of the famous Western Michigan produce in my first blog post since moving here. I decided to keep it simple and truly highlight the flavors of the local cherries, apples, and blueberries by making a quick, easy and frosty smoothie bowl perfect for cooling off on a hot summer day. This recipe can be adapted to different lifestyles by changing the type of yogurt used (full fat for keto/low carb, nut milk yogurt for vegan).
Michigan Cherry Berry Smoothie Bowl
A quick, easy and frosty treat, perfect for cooling off on a hot day.
- ¾ Cup frozen apples, blueberries, and pitted cherries
- ½ cup plain, full fat yogurt
- 1 tsp stevia
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Unsweetened coconut flakes, for topping
- Chopped raw almonds, for topping
- A few fresh blueberries and pitted cherries, for topping
- Add all ingredients, except for toppings into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy with the smoothie bowl toppings!
Great post 😁
Comments are closed.