Maybe I got a little carried away with the fall flavors here, but it was so delicious. My favorite part of this was the roasted acorn squash which brings rich flavor, iron for healthy hair & nails and vitamin C which helps absorb iron for full nutritional benefits!
Harvest Vegetable Medley
A nutrient packed dish with delicious fall flavors.
1 acorn squash (remove seeds, slice in ½ inch thick half moons), roasted in olive oil, s&p, thyme and sage
2 cups brussels sprouts (trimmed), roasted in olive oil, s&p
2 cups carrots (sliced ¼ inch thick), roasted in olive oil, s&p
1 bunch kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
2 asian pears, sliced in ¼ inch thick slices
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
¼ cup herbed goat cheese, for garnish
6 strips cooked bacon, chopped for garnish (optional)
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and toss the acorn squash, brussels sprouts and carrots in herbs, salt and pepper and olive oil, and lay out on a lined baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables about 35 minutes until soft, and golden brown.
- While the vegetable roast, prepare your kale and asian pears for cooking.
- Warm olive oil and garlic in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add asian pears and kale, sauteeing about 5 minutes until lightly cooked and softened.
- Divide the kale sautee onto each plate, topping with the roasted vegetables. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, goat cheese and bacon, add salt and pepper as desired!