• As a Distance Dietetic Internship, the following program activities are routinely scheduled remotely: individual and group intern meetings, pre-orientation assignments, and orientation.
• Orientation will be held remotely using the video platform Zoom. The assignments will be completed in a variety of ways. These include virtual group meetings, working together in small groups or with another intern, and submitting video recordings of some activities.
• In the event that interns, depending on their respective locations, are not permitted to physically go to their scheduled rotation sites after orientation, we can schedule remote activities for their rotation requirements. This is in accordance with ACEND’s response to COVID-19 and details can be found on their website at this link: ACEND COVID 19 information
• Each intern’s individual schedule will be individualized based on the status of COVID-19 recommendations at that point in time and will require flexibility on the part of each intern.
• Despite the challenges of COVID-19, interns can feel confident that they will be empowered to successfully complete the LWDI requirements and graduate the program
LWDI has modified its hours according to guidance provided by ACEND. An explanation of our rotation hours can be found here.