For both the onsite and distance track, LWDI will consider candidates based on the following admission criteria:
- Minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree
- Verification of completion of the DPD Program in Nutrition and Dietetics or the Intent to Complete Form from an accredited DPD, issued within the past five years.
- Official transcripts of all prior academic work completed from all colleges and universities
- Overall and DPD GPA of 3.0 or above most strongly considered
- LWDI Program gives preference to candidates with dietetics work or volunteer experience and to candidates with confirmed supervised practice sites and preceptors
LWDI program does not award credit in the form of supervised practice hours for an intern’s prior experience in the field of dietetics; therefore, all interns must complete the minimum of 1200 supervised practice hours.
It is the policy of LWDI to provide all applicants and interns equal access to all programs and facilities without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, race, color, creed, religion, veteran or military status, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic violence victim status, status as an ex-offender, arrest record, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal or Mississippi State law
Applying to LWDI is a three step process:
- REGISTER WITH DICAS LWDI uses the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) online internship application, which can be found at: portal.dicas.org. DICAS requires a personal statement, online application, official transcripts and three (3) letters of recommendation and is $45 for the first applications and $20 for each additional application
- REGISTER WITH D&D DIGITAL at www.dnddigital.com for mandatory participation in the nationwide matching process. Applications and the accompanying $55 fee are submitted through the D&D portal. Once you have identified your internship choices, they can be entered online with D & D Digital. Registration dates for this process TBA by D&D. For more information, D&D can be reached at 515-292-0490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COMPLETE THE LWDI Supplemental Application and click SUBMIT.
The completed application packet must be submitted to DICAS by the February deadline for the April match notification and the September deadline for the November match notification. The LWDI Onsite or Distance Track Supplemental Application and required downloadable forms materials are available on our website here .
If applying to both the distance and onsite tracks, only one application and fee is required.
Second round applicants applying after the match should submit Supplemental Application with uploaded Mandatory Application Forms. If registered with DICAS, applicants should release all DICAS materials to LWDI for our review.